Summer is quickly approaching, and that means it’s time to open the pool for the season and start swimming! Swimming is one of our all-time favorite hot weather activities, but it’s important to always be safe while having fun in the pool. The first thing to remember when it comes to swimming is to know the safety rules of the pool.
1. Make sure there is a fence surrounding the pool.
2. Be sure to install self-closing and self-latching gates on the fence.
3. Install door, gate and/or pool alarms, so you know if someone sneaks in to use the pool.
4. Be sure to install anti-entrapment drain covers. Drain entrapment's can occur when swimmer’s hair, clothes, or body become stuck in a drain or grate within pools. By installing federally-compliant drain covers, you can prevent entrapment's within your pool.
5. Ensure that someone living in your home knows CPR, first aid and how to respond in emergency situations.
6. Have your pool inspected by Houston Inspections, trained and qualified inspectors.
7. Make sure EVERYONE in your household knows how to swim!
Call Houston Inspections today at (713) 408-1129 for more information about pool safety, and how to make sure you’re ready for the season!